Shopping, casual, office, formal, informal, semi, dressy, red carpet, or gala – what outfit you wear and the handbag you carry along with it should be decided based on the occasion! Celebrities don’t make headlines just for the outfits they wear, but also for the handbags they carry along. The right pairing of your dress and handbag need more in-depth observation so that you can opt for the right choices.
In general, small bags present sophistication, while large bags add a relaxing aura. This is why small bags match well with formals, while large ones are paired best with casuals. Here are few tips that can help you choose the perfect handbag to match with your outfit.
- The first thing to remember is that a format outfit and a casual bag or a casual outfit and a stiff don’t work well together. So, always avoid this combination.
- Are you planning to go shopping wearing tees, shorts, and sneakers? Just carry along a duffel bag or oversized hobo for a casual style.
- Pairing a blazer or tunic with skinny jeans? Go chic with a tote bag or a hobo for semi-formal grace.
- Wearing summer dress with sandals? A simple sling bag is enough to make you look cute!
- Wearing a tailored trouser suit to office? Take along a structured boxy bag, a large tote or a satchel for that formal business look! Satchels also go well with gauzy tops and high waist trousers and cardigan and skirt combos.
- To look like a power dresser with a mean and lean board room look, avoid slouchy bags, duffels, and hobos. Just a briefcase bag or a top handle tote can add that formal sophistication touch to your appearance.
- Are you getting ready for a formal or dressy event in a cocktail dress, a long gown or an LBD, consider carrying a seductive clutch or stylish minaudiere. If you are wearing a stylish sheath dress, opt for a metallic or sequined envelope clutch. If your dress has heavy detailing or embellishment, choose a plain clutch.
- It’s equally important to match the color of the bag with your outfit. If you are doubtful about matching colors, opt for neutral shades like brown, black, or beige.
- The shape and scale of the bag is also to be taken into account in addition to what you are wearing and your body type.
There are lots of other combinations that fashion gurus suggest, though it all comes down to your personal preferences; so dress the way you love to while keeping in mind the fashion tips by fashion gurus. Select your handbag wisely to match with your outfit.